Thursday, April 3, 2008

i purchased my first red lipstick earlier.

i ordered it online from cherryculture.

it's from the nyx round lipstick collection. it was like a dollar each, and i've heard some rave reviews on some of the shades.

so i was planning on going with my regular sheer pinks and taupe kind of shades, but then i came across the shade 'fire.' maybe it was just a momentary lapse, but i added it to my cart.

i want to have fun with it. it seems red lipstick is in the in now, but i've seen it in cases where it made the girl look like she had an std.

..i hope that's not the case for me, but damn, i've always wanted a red lipstick. my mom use to wear red lipsticks, my grandma too even. then why not me?? i use to wear my grandma's and make faces in the mirror when i was younger.

in a few weeks time i will have my very own red lippie! i will take the time to actually line my lips and fill in with the firreeeeee.

now take into consideration i've never really played up my lips makeup wise. it was always usually just my eyes. the reason being because your girl has got some full lips! my aunts always told me that the boys would like them, but i don't know, i was always so self concious about them. the most i'd wear on my lips was like a sheer lip gloss or something, otherwise it was lip balm all day everyday, baby.

so it was not until recently that i've really accepted my lips and realized that people line their lips all crazy and inject god knows what into their lips just to have lips like mine. :D

oh, i also ordered a few other things from cherryculture. just a few eyeshadow singles that i wanted to try out, another eyeshadow brush, and a few other lipsticks.

i'll blog about the haul and my lips of fire as soon as i get my package.

my eyebrows are so grown out, guys! i'm so excited at the possibilities when i pluck these babies! normally i'm the victim of overplucking and i swear i'll try and avoid that at all costs this next time around. i've always wanted full, shapely, natural looking brows, but because of my overplucking i always have thin aZn brows. thank goodness for brow powder.

i went to the dollar store today. i mosied on over to their makeup section. what the hell is this aziza brand? i looked up reviews and it got surprisingly good ones! i'd like to try some out just to do a review, but i don't think i can muster up the strength to be seen purchasing dollar store makeup.

no, i don't have the strength.

i also went to CVS. milani has a summer collection out. lots of shimmery bronze colors, nothing that really caught my eye though. i did see a shade of blush that looked like a good dupe of mac's frosted.

gah, i forgot to buy some glycerine! i'm really wanting to make my own mixing medium so i can foil my mineral eyeshadows. i have so much, but i hate loose pigments. it seems that foiling them is the way to go.

my poster project is almost done. it'll be done by tomorrow if i decide to labor a little bit more into it tonight. nahhhh.

OMG. monistat chafing cream as a face makeup primer!?!??!

0 comments: