Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday night.

And it's a great opportunity to start studying for my lab practical!

I've decided to reflect a little bit on my social life- or lack thereof.

Now back in the dayyyyyy on a night like this, one of the homies would probably come swoop me up in their parents car which they sneaked out. We'd drive around with no particular destination, windows down and music full blast. When we'd feel the hunger pangs, we'd head to the nearest Mcdonald's and be dollar menu millionaires. Ah, just no care in the world back then.

Ok, fast forward to the present. On a night like tonight I'm sitting at my desk with a few books strewn about, some flash cards, and about 5 different shades of high lighters. Nso music on, I need complete silence. No singing, just the sound of my own voice reciting flash cards over and over. Worried? Yes, extremely.

Do I mind? No, not really. I don't have too many friends to begin with. Well, friends that I'd feel comfortable hanging around with. Actually, I don't feel comfortable hanging out with most people my age at all. Most people my age are working part time jobs, partying, and juggling school. I, on the other hand, juggle motherhood, my relationship, and school. That's all I have in common with the youngins- school. Sure I could drone on and on about my son (because I can), but I don't know who would actually want to sit through that.

So maybe I'm doing everybody a favor by not hanging out with them. I'm saving them from an evening of potty stories and my different toddler disciplinary methods. Or maybe I'm just making an excuse for not putting in the effor to actually establish a social life.

Hmmmm. That's deep. Well, back to the books!

0 comments: