Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wow.

Remember that school dramz I mentioned I was going through?

Well, it just turns out that my high school diploma is NOT accredited. Isn't that something? I got it through a private school and it cost me 400 dollars. I payed 400 dollars for a piece of useless paper.

Anyways, it served as a complication since I am signing up for the RN program at the end of this fall. I'll need not only my college transcripts, but my high school transcripts as well. Well, this 'private school' I got my 'diploma' from closed down due to 'financial reasons'. Their email account is closed and their phone number was disconnected. Where does that leave me? SHIT OUT OF LUCK, that's where!

Eh, I teared up a little about it. I have worked SO hard to maintain my current GPA (3.8 *ahem*) and it killed me that technically it was useless without my high school diploma. I made a trip to the local adult school with some questions about taking the GED test and spoke with a guidance counselor. As soon as I told her where I got my high school diploma from, she immediately told me it wasn't accredited. Apparently a lot of people have done the same and just ended up at the adult school to do their GED.

I signed up, forked over $125 (ouch) and got home to review some study guides online. I also had a book I had purchased a year ago called 'Master the GED 2008' before I was scammed into that private school. I was a little concerned because the practice tests were tough! I struggled with some of it!

Well, I took the first portion of the GED test today, math and writing, and let me tell you, they were 10x easier than any of the practice tests I took! Now I know why the book guarantees higher scores. lol

So I'm taking the second portion tomorrow. I believe it'll be reading, social science, and science. It should be a piece of cake. The only part that kills is how slow the instructor moves. I swear, everything that man does has the lease time efficiency.

We had to watch this video on how to use a calculator and fill in the bubbles on our answer sheet properly. It kind of saddened me because it was kind of...degrading?

Wish me luck tomorrow. Can't believe this is what my Spring Break is ending with. :[

0 comments: