Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I thought this was funny.

There was a water line break at my college yesterday that actually closed campus down for a few hours. I was supposed to check in at 415pm to see whether the campus was open again and if classes later than 445 would resume. My class started at 5, yeah, bummer. Anyways, I decided to email my anatomy professor.

pre-note: she just had surgery on her foot a few days prior.

> I’m thinking you should just go ahead and cancel lecture for today.
> I
> mean, this is a GREAT opportunity for you to rest your leg. It
> would be
> such a shame to cancel class, but I clearly have what’s best for
> you in
> mind. :D
>
> Your thoroughly upset (I mean, really really upset!) student
> because of
> a canceled class,
> Jenn

..and this is what I got in response.

Jenn, Jenn, Jenn,

Your concern for my foot is heartwarming. So much so, that I wouldn’t DREAM of canceling
class if they get that pipe fixed. Check myAVC at 4:15 for the latest info.

See ya (maybe) later.

LOL. How hilarious is that?? I love how she replied in the same note of sarcasm. She's a fun professor. Really.

Anyways, I had a really really bad bout with my vertigo today. I seriously could not get up if my life depended on it. If I tried, I collapsed right back down on the bed. I really did not want to go to lab, but I had a lecture exam to attend to. My dizzy spells managed to calm down enough for me to throw on some clothes and have Busko drop me off.

I just stayed for my test even though we had a lab right after with our cat and cadaver.

SOOO, I rarely get vertigo attacks. I think I found the cause for this sudden onset though- freaking anxiety! I don't know if I mentioned in an earlier post, but I had 3 major tests in just these past 3 weeks. I was feeling fine up to receiving the exam and looking down. Luckily I didn't blow chunks, seriously.

Please tell me why everything I had a hard time comprehending in my lecture notes was in that damn exam!?!? WHY?!?!

Anyways, as soon as I was done and outside getting some fresh air I felt a whole lot better! A few other girls (a majority of the class is made up of females. there are 2 males!) came out, I was relieved to hear that they found the exam just as difficult.

Busko came and picked me up and we just grabbed some din at subway.

OH, my lab practical...I got an 89/100 on it. LMAO. I ALWAYS GET SO DAMN CLOSE. FML. FML. FML.

It's cool. I should just rely on the overall amount of points anyways, right?

That's right, Jenn, stay optimistic. :D

I AM ON SPRING BREAK. I don't have to study tonight or for another few nights. My next exam isn't until 2 weeks! WOOOT. I already have my itenerary for next week!

- Santa Monica beach calls my name!
- I need to see that movie 'The Haunting in Conneticut'
- Busko promised me a tattoo session on my still incomplete back piece.
- Coffee with Michelle!

And somewhere there...there is SOME studying. *grumbles* The SMART thing to do would be to start studying for my next test now, right? WHATEVS.

Summer is coming up. I will die a little come that time. I was speaking with my counselor just the other day when she asked me what class I wanted to take during the summer session. I told her I was planning on taking microbiology. She kind of paused what she was doing, stared me straight into the eye, and said ever so seriously..

"That class during the summer is suicide."

OH, YEAH?? WELL, LUCKY ME!

0 comments: